This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Thursday, April 15, 2010

F-14A/B Tomcat VF-111 VF-103 (2)

Just got a couple of hours free and I could squeeze a little but over the cockpit.
After getting rid of the cockpit, I will be able to move on to the fittings around the frame.
I have always want to paint the display screens at the dashbaord this way for many time. But afterall, I always skipped doing that at all my previou works. In this twin build, I am working on it slowly and in this way, I have the passion to try more differnet steps around.
The way the screen is painted is like this, and it is simple. I just hand-painted some silver on the screen and then with a roughly mixed clear yellow and blue.
The little trick here is that, when the clear yellow and clear blue is roughly mised, some of the mixed clear green will be a bit yellowish and some bluish. By painting this un-balanced clear green, the screen will appear to be more dynamic, and not just a clear green over silver base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters