This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Monday, November 29, 2010

Yamaha YZR-M1 2009 (36)

On the event happened last weekend, I have put this M1 to the show in the local annual contest. And this M1 managed to get the 2nd runner from the Civilian Vehicle section. I am so glad I can maange to do this on time and I have actually watched a lot of amazing works from my local fellows.



Getting some opinions from friends after they have read the result in details, I have started to fine tune different parts of the ride after the contest.

First of all, the wirings are all repainted with acrylic paints, emphasizing the highlights and shadows.


The metal parts are dry-brushed with Alcad II #105 to strengthen the metalic look.


Dark wash was applied on the chain. This give a lot more realistic look rather than a brand new etching feeling.


Another dark wash was applied on the egnine and radiator.


The same effects were also done on the tail as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters