This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Thursday, January 20, 2011

LCR Honda RC211V 2006 - Casey Stoner

It has been awhile since I have started this kit, as a memorial for Stoner returning to the Honda camp. In his rookie year back in 2006, Casey was the rider for the satellite team. He was in a very quick move to the Ducati camp and became one of the major rivalry against Rossi. In 2011 season, Casey is returning to Honda as the one of the 3 factory riders, which gives honda a definite advantage over the race for factory championship.

In fact, Casey's ducati in 2009 and 2010 were both very beautiful rides. Yet, no injection kit is released for them. I think this satellite bike will serve as one of the milestones for Casey in the race for the championship over the years. And hopefully I will manage to get it done properly.

Everything went on as usual, gaps between the parts were filled and sanded. Primer was applied checking for any defects.


The painting work on the cowlings was simple. Only black and white will do the job.


And as I when on for the decal work over the cowlings, it has been a reat challenge. Since the chrome golden decal requires a stronger decal texture, the decals are much thicker than usual in terms of Cartograf prints. And I failed to notice that I could have actually masked off the red and flading black painting instead of putting on the large pieces of decal over the large surface....
Anyway, I think I will have some help with some Finisher paints for the red later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters