This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Honda CB750 Custom (3)

I have been out of town for almost a month so there hadn't been any progress at all. 
But the good thing is there are just a few tiny things to work on before putting this to an end.

First of all, I have "aged" the leather saddle... It was just a trial and error to brainlessly apply some Andrea acrylic paint on the edges. It was not very successful at the beginning but with some luck, I am able to get a satisfying outlay now.


The other thing I was about to add is a helmet. I used to have a couple of AGV GP-Tech built but this time it will be a simple city helmet. I get a donor parts from a 1:12 F1 garage kit as a base. I completely modify the shape until it looks like one of the reference AGV city helmet. Additional lines are engraved.


I have added the starter key to the starter kit in front of the engine. This is my signature to put a "Remove Before Flight" tag on my bike kits.

A rear light was scratch-built as well, referencing some of he bicycle rear lights. But I added a wire which connect back to the console to signature the bike is controlling if the light goes on.

More on the helmet as it underwent some decal and coating work.

Then I quickly turn it into a painting mode as I hand painted the interior cushion as well as the leather buckle belt.

This is way more fun than how I have expected this helmet to be. This is so fun to put up such a simple but dedicated piece.

After some final touches, this CB750 Custom is good to go!


2 comments:

  1. Excellent work the bike looks so good, love the seat finish. What did you use to simulate the lining of the helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was using Tamiya putty to form. i just the tip of the tool to shape the up and down to form the cushion, and then engrave the panel line around the edge of the shell.

    ReplyDelete

 
free counters