This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympus OM-10 - Gallery 2

Taking shots from a film camera is especially different (as compared to a digital camera) when you really don't have any idea of what images will be coming though until the films have been developed and sometimes even printed.

A roll of 36 films have to be developed at the same time, mostly by a photo stall, and you have to used the same ASA slot for the entire roll. In that sense, you have one variable, the ISO, disabled from a digital camera which allow easier shootings. In addition, as films are processed and printed at cost, each film become an expense to be employed in capturing an image. A roll of 36 films would then walk across different occasions, days and night, outdoor and indoor.

In this chapter of my gallery, I had serious mistake picking a wrong roll of film with ASA against different occasions. I had a roll of Kodak Elite Chrome EB100 slide operating at a low light and indoor environment; and a roll of Fujifilm Natura 1600 under a bright shiny day trip at Lantau Island. And these all resulted into bad pictures plus difficult shots.

Well, lesson learnt. And I will bear this in mind all the time!

Here I have the EB100 starting at 100ASA, but it seems the film has difficulty capturing the right amount of light.



This is one of the earlier pictures I am operating with largest aperture at an object. It looks great to me!


This is one of the aging gas lamps still standing and in operation. The stair next to them is a favorite spot of filming in Hong Kong.


And here I started to have some shots from the Natura 1600! I can hardly use a larger aperture in any scene all day long...... all the pitures are f8 or up!


I would say I can hardly be at a climbing trip! But I was there this time as I am trying to get as many chance as possible to take pictuer outdoor with now my OM-10 and my E-p1 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters