This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Monday, February 18, 2013

Full Scratch-build Roadbike (2)

The other day, I have the crankset drafted and fitted on the bike. I seemed a bit too rough but I guessed it was a very good trial anyhow. On the other hand, I was not very satisfied with the first cooper bended handlebar, and I had another piece worked out and if you would also feel the same, the later one fit much better in scale.



The next items I worked on were the pedals. I have been using the Look Keo Blade pedals and that is naturally the object for replication. It took a bit of craftsmanship to get to this shape and I found this really fun to work on!



And there it came the brake calipers, also took a bit of crafting and I could use my handy cutter for most of the draft and shaping.



Then I worked on the cassette and chain. I did some delicate work to shape it in one piece, hoping the chain was thin enough for scale but also thick enough to hold the piece together, consider there would also be certain fitting and moving around the piece... after a few trial, I had a piece that is fitting onto the bike well.


I tested the scale for the bike overall and it was scaled quite well as if I un-mounted the front wheel of the real bike. The model stood almost exactly the same as the real thing with the crank still lifted.


I guess it has come to the last piece of items I would be building which are the shifters. I also added the front derailleur. The derailleur was made of aluminium can and I just cut and bent it into the right shape.


Finally, before any paint job, I added the Garmin Edge 500 computer and mounted on the handlebar with the edge mount as well. I wrapped the drop bar with masking tape as the bar tape. I took awhile for me as if  I was wrapping the real bar tape... XD


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters