This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Full Scratch-build Roadbike (3)

After finalizing all the parts at fittings, I have broken them down back into pieces again and got them ready for painting.


This is a carbon frame though, the carbon pattern needs to be prepared, so as the Keo Blade pedals too!~

The rest of the parts are mostly black in color. And the brake calipers are in Bright red.

This is getting into the fun part as I started to hand paint the Wilier livery for crankset and brakes, the Fizik Arione Champion version, and pedals and the details around the handle bar includeing the Garmin Edge 500 computer.

The second run of the fun falls into the frame livery itself. I admit I wasn't able to recreate the logos in great details, but I do like the way it present as it is so handcrafted~ LOL
Oh, I also haven't forget the Zipp components and their logos.



Finally, I wired it up with thin wire and now the bike it ready to go~~!


I really surprised myself as I didn't really expect I am able to complete the bike at this level.
I just tried things here and there from each scratch building task. Adding all these together is really great fun and I have had a big time spending days during this Lunar New Year vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters