This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Full Scratch-build Roadbike

This is going to be a very interesting build as I am trying to replicate my own bike into 1:24 scale!
I am trying to reference to my Wilier bike as a base to scratch build a roadbike. I am using whatever materials which are handy on my desk, basically some difference sizes of plastic rods and tubes, some metal strings and some copper rods.

Here is the start. I am using a compass cutter to edge a pair of rims (together with the tyres). Then the frame and front forks are recreated with plastic rods and tubes. I was testing the flexible rod for the handlebar, but it turns out not turning sharp enough and is too thick(2mm). I ended up replacing it with a 1.5mm copper rod.



I recreated the hub of the front wheel with a pair of 8-hole circles, fixed with thin metal rods and formed the replicate Racing Zero front wheel.


Adding some more details with the seatpost which is slightly setback just like my new Zipp Service Course SL; and a replication of the Fizik Arione CX saddle. The stem and handlebar are also rebuilt to form a better scale and details.



I then completed the rear wheel with a more complicated spokes pattern, this time a 7 holes circle for each side, but 14 spokes on the side with the cassette and just 7 spokes on the other side.
With both the wheels set, the base of the bike is formed.



Another look of the spoke patterns of my 1:24 Racing Zeros


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters