This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yamaha YZR-M1 2009 (10)

The chassis is ready, the engine has been examined for details, and tonight I have worked on the cowlings.

Just 4 pieces of screws were enough to hold the cowlings tight onto the chassis. I will have to say, the resin material from Top Studio is very suitable for bike cowlings. It is strong but tangible. And you do not need extra effort to setup the bottom cowling onto the hinges at both side cowlings. Once the hinge is at its correct place, it is locked!

At one point, I was a little disappointed to the bottom cowling's fitting. Since the hinges are at the middle of the cowling, the rear end tends to collapse inwards. And this means the side cowlings are not at the same level. I will have to resharp the both parts to have better leveling. Yet, I have found the reshaping particular easy as the resin are very friendly to sand paper and knifes.
Even I am still rookie to resin transkit, I have found it very easy to touch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters