This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nissan Fairlady 350Z Nismo Tuned (3)

Leaving the clear coatin on the body to dry out for a couple of weeks, I have started the polishing work in the weekend so I can keep up with the progress. And I have this some particular pics as a referne on my steps.

The picture below is the surface being dried for some weeks. You may spot the orange peel with ease.

And then I have sanded the surface with wet #1500 sand paper. Those orange peels were leveled off, while a flat and rougher surface is left.

Then it comes with wet #2000 sand paper sanding, which smoothened the surface and give a little more gloss to it.

And finally, I have polished the surface with compound, this time from Ricebox. The gloss of the surface is achieved and the polishment steps are done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters