This page is dedicated to share scale modeling and other hobbies to all other enthusiasts who also love these stuffs. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to give me some comments no matter good or bad. Joey

Monday, September 2, 2013

Honda CB750 Custom

Hi mates! 
I am so glad to share with you all my latest project. I wasn't able to upload the pics before as you know I have been busy with my cycling hobbies ~~ haha ~~
Anyway I am undergoing a transition at work so have been able to get some relief on my evenings. And that's how I have got some quality time to get this project started.
Here is the deal. It is a classic Honda CB750. I know nothing about this ride until I started digging for references on the Internet. And in fact, I still don't know much about it at all now. Yet, I've got some gorgeous pics of some custom builds of this CB750 and these pics inspired me to give a try.
I didn't have a clear idea on where I want it to go. But I think step by step, I will bring it to the finish. 

Here is the original box-art, classic but not so exciting.... LOL

I, of course, started by putting the major blocks of the engine together.

And started pre-assembling the frame.

The original cowlings looks like this.

And that was what I actually pull over... and started reshaping the new fuel tank.



After sanding and sanding and sanding, I think this is what I would like the fuel tank to look like.

Putting aside the sand papers, I have moved to something else. This was real fun to rework the springs and this gives a lot more depth to the details.



The exhausts were prepared. Gaps are filled and the welding was recreated.

I scratch-built the saddle with plastic sheets. I was about to give more volume to it later on.

The tail of the frame has been shorten and I added a copper rod to close both ends.


The saddle will contains better finishes if the edge are well sorted.

I have also added the physical mount which should hold it tight on the frame.


Let's see how these things look when come together.


The handle bar will be with a completely different angle. So the mounts had to be recreated.


I have also got some ideas on the new meter. I will just give one meter on this bike instead of two.

I know it is a bit to digest. Let's stop here for now and I will keep you posted with any updates. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters